The leading dual-core solution for neural network acceleration
IMG Series4 next-generation neural network accelerator (NNA) is ideal for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous vehicles such as robotaxis. The range of cores incorporates sophisticated technical features including Imagination Tensor Tiling, advanced safety mechanisms and intelligent workload management.
Imagination’s low-power and functionally safe NNA architecture is optimised to run full network inferencing and executes multiple operations in a single pass to maximise performance per watt and deliver its industry-leading energy efficiency.
The cores are assembled on a cluster design with per-core on-chip memory and an internal bus and have been designed in 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8-core multi-core configurations. These can then be used as building blocks for further configurations.
The IMG 4NX-MC2 has been developed from the multi-core codebase and features Imagination Tensor Tiling which can reduce bandwidth by up to 90%. It features 8,192 MAC/clk that deliver over 25 TOPS at less than one watt and is available to license now.
- Virtual memory
- 25 TOPS @1.5 GHz
MACs per clock rate
- 8-bit: 8,192 total, 4096 MAC/clk per core
- 8×16-bit: 4,096 total, 2048 MAC/clk per core
- 16-bit: 2,048 total, 1024 MAC/clk per core
- Autonomous driving
- Gaming: AR/VR
- Smart surveillance
- High-end mobile
- Imagination Tensor Tiling
- Lossless weight compression
- Low latency
- High-density neural network acceleration
- Wide and variable bit-depth (4 to 16 bits)
- Dynamic fixed-point data type
- Per filter exponent selection
- Memory Management Unit
- Wide range of elementwise unit operations
- Embedded configurable on-chip memory