- on or through the websites at imaginationtech.com (the “Imagination Website”) or any other of our group company websites developed or hosted by us or on our behalf (together, the “Websites”); or
- in relation to information, you may give us about you by filling in forms on our any of our websites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, submit information to or search for information on our Website, your IP address and other online identifiers, and when you report a problem with our website.
Information that Imagination collects
Data that we collect and our use of it.
- Imagination Community and Developer Portals. When you and other users participate in technical discussions and provide Product feedback on Websites such as our PowerVR Insider Forum on the Imagination Website, we collect and analyse the discussions, review feedback on our Products and store the information you provide upon registration. We may use that information for internal purposes to update our Products, design and develop new products and services, analyse the use of our websites, respond to your queries, allow you to access certain restricted areas on our websites and to provide you with information and updates regarding our Products. By posting any information on any of our discussion forums, the information you provide will be published for anyone to see. By doing so you disclaim all intellectual property and moral rights in and to the content of your submissions and you acknowledge that we may use the information posted by you in any manner we see fit.
- Promotions. When you enter a promotion (such as a free prize draw) run by us or if you are a winner of the promotion, you may supply various information about yourself or someone else, or we may receive or gather information supplied about you. For example, the information we may collect may include your name, email address, telephone numbers, address, photograph, whether and how you are connected with us, information about your use of our Products or Services and software we supply. Some of this information is for the purpose of entering the promotion and for validating your entry. We may also use that information for the purposes of informing you and sending you a prize if you are a winner, and for publicising the details of the winners of our promotions on the Websites and in our marketing materials. We may also use your information in case we have any queries.
- Other uses of your Personal Data. We may use information that you provide to us or that we collect about you (which may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, personal description and photograph) to enable you to use our Websites and/or other parts of the Websites, for us to detect any abuses of the Websites, for us to send you information relevant to the Product, Services or Websites for which you have subscribed, to improve the Websites and our Services and Products, and in case we have any queries. We may also use your email address that you initially give to us to enable you to commence using the Services and to validate information you have given to us. We may use your contact details to respond to you on any queries you raise with us. We may email you with your password if you tell us or the Websites that you have forgotten it. We may also use your data to send you feedback forms to complete about us or our Products or Services, and to contact you over any aspect of the Products or Services or the Websites. We use your password to allow you (or anyone you represent or who represents you) to access restricted parts of the Websites. You must only submit to us or the Websites information which is accurate and not misleading. If you submit information on behalf of anyone else, you must ensure that you have full authority and consent to supply us with such information on that individual’s behalf.
Sharing your information
We may transfer our databases containing your Personal Data if we sell our business or any part of it, or if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party.
The Websites may contain advertising of third parties, dedicated pages operated by third parties and links to other websites or frames of other websites, which are owned and operated independently from us. Please be aware that we cannot be liable for the actions of third parties or be responsible for the privacy practices or content of those third-party websites.
Keeping your information secure
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures designed to prevent unauthorised access and accidental loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Data.
We store your Personal Data on secure servers in the EEA. We use industry standard firewalls on our servers, encryption technologies when transferring and receiving Personal Data and network access control technology to limit access to the systems on which Personal Data is stored, and we monitor for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee that the security measures which we implement will prevent every security threat, nor can we guarantee that your Personal Data will not be improperly accessed, used, altered or destroyed.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your Personal Data. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity, for example, your password, before we disclose your Personal Data to you. We will not keep your personal data for longer than we need it for the purpose for which it is used.
You are responsible for protecting against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. We have procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your privacy controls
We may also use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us to send you other information about us, our Products and Services and software (including upgrades), our sales promotions, our newsletters, events and webinars for which you have subscribed. If you would prefer not to receive any of this additional information (or any part of it) you may opt out of receiving electronic communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any such electronic communication or by contacting us via [email protected] if you are unable to access an unsubscribe link.
We may ask you to confirm or update your preferences if there are changes in the law, regulation or the structure of our business.
You have the right to access (review, correct, amend or delete) your Personal Data in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. You are responsible for providing Imagination with accurate and up to date Personal Data, and for contacting us if such information requires correcting.
Collection of data from children
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children without insisting that they seek prior parental or legal guardian consent if required by applicable law. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s internet usage and not to allow children to provide Personal Data through the Websites without their permission. The definition of child is as defined under Data Protection Legislation.