In-vehicle Ethernet processing
Designed to meet the communications requirements for high-performance managed and unmanaged multi-port switches and routers, it is silicon-proven as the ideal choice for the automotive sector. The EEP is also designed with functional safety in mind, making it easier for SoC manufacturers to achieve the Automotive Safety Integrity Levels (ASIL) that are classified by the ISO 26262 standard for automotive safety.
Intelligent crossover routing
The EPP’s routing and switching capabilities provide intelligent offloading of Ethernet processing in crossover solutions for protocols such as Wi-Fi, 5G, CAN bus, MOST bus, Flexray and others.
The EPP also support IEEE standards for time-sensitive networking (TSN), and audio-video bridging (AVB) among others.
- Scalable architecture 200+ Gbps
- Multi-port, multi-gigabit functionality
- Safety package to meet ASIL B requirements at the IP level
- Audio-video bridging (AVB) and time-sensitive networking (TSN) support
- QoS, traffic management and buffer management in hardware
- Fast path/slow path architecture
- Embedded DMA engine for host interface with 4/8/16 channels
- Validation platform
- Silicon-proven solution that minimises risk and reduces time-to-market
- Suitable for use in safety-critical applications
- Multiple products can be created from one IP core
- Easy integration into an SoC
Download White Paper
Find out how Ethernet provides the capacity and performance required in modern vehicular networks.