Export your 3D scenes into our POD deployment format
- Lets you export 3D scenes and associated geometry data into our lightweight, fully-optimised PowerVR Object Data (POD) deployment format.
- Use our plug-ins for the most widely used 3D modelling applications, such as Autodesk® 3DSMax® and Maya®, and Blender®.
- We also give you a standalone GUI, and command line tools to convert from Khronos® COLLADA™ and Autodesk FBX® interchange formats.
Easily integrated into your workflow
We created our POD format to enable artists to export their assets into a PowerVR-optimised container. Developers can then quickly and efficiently import their work into their applications using our open source, free-to-use PowerVR Framework.
- Plenty of workflow flexibility with popular plug-in support, command line tools, and a standalone GUI.
- Easily add POD support without resource-loading boilerplate code to your applications with our PVRAssets module, which is part of our PowerVR Framework.
- Apply geometry sorting during the export stage to optimise for locality, which improves the effectiveness of the vertex processing cache memory.
- Simplify the process of writing custom exporters and importers, with our detailed POD format specification document.
Our PowerVR POD format saves you time and effort
The POD file format is simple and optimised for rendering. It is well-established and used by a wide range of developers, including well-known companies with games sales in the millions. Some features of our POD format include:
- Skinned meshes with bone batching based on matrix palette size.
- Data format choice, such as float, half float, fixed-point, and byte.
- Multiple texture co-ordinate sets.
- Polygon/vertex sorting.
- Tangent space generation.
- Bake and export procedural textures.
- Support for PBR materials.
- Vertex adjacency list.
- Custom user data (plug-ins only).
Support & resources
Get your answers online with our comprehensive documentation, developer forum and our dedicated PowerVR developer support desk.