API Analysis tool with application recording and playback
- Capture and analyse Vulkan® and OpenGL® ES API calls quickly and easily.
- Play back recorded calls on any compatible device.
- Debug recordings using our static analysis, frame debugger, and C++ export features.
Record applications running on-device without hassle
The PVRCarbon GUI remote recorder allows you to capture an application’s API calls without having to install any libraries or edit configuration files.
- Connect over USB or remotely over a local network.
- Start and stop recording on demand, over any number of frames.
- Capture framebuffers with optional downscaling.
Application playback on remote devices
- Recordings can be deployed remotely to any compatible device to see how behaviour changes on different hardware.
- Playback is cross-platform – you can record on one device and reuse that recording on any other device.
- PVRCarbon Player supports: Windows 32-bit and 64-bit, Linux (including RISC-V), and all Android platforms.
Powerful GUI and CLI features
The PVRCarbon GUI also has many other tools to help with the debugging process, as well as a robust CLI option.
- Step through your recording, frame-by-frame to pinpoint your issues.
- Trim unwanted frames from the start and end of a recording.
- Static analysis of API usage is built-in.
- Fully-featured frame debugger, showing textures, shader code, memory objects, and more.
C++ Export for compiling and debugging
PVRCarbon can export recordings as a C++ project, allowing for flexible debugging without needing the original source code.
- Provides CMake files for compiling on Windows and Linux, and Gradle files for Android.
- Exported code can be debugged as part of your normal development process.
Support & resources
Get your answers online with our comprehensive documentation, developer forum and our dedicated PowerVR developer support desk.